Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering, SriGuru Institute of Technology, Coimbatore inaugurated “ROCKETRY CLUB” on 24th March 2015. Ms.ROHINI.S.SWAMINATHAN, FORMER YOUNG SCIENTIST NASA inaugurated the club.
- Aim of the rocketry club is to educate people about rocket science and to launch rockets inside the campus.
- This club is initiated to bring creative thinking and innovative ideas among students of sriguru institute of technology.
- In this club hands-on training is provided about rocket making in prototype and lecture on GIS and RS for environmental management.
- This club provides knowledge about basics of rocketry design and fabrication.
- Requirements for making the rocket model are explained clearly.
- Basic knowledge about usage of solid propellants and liquid propellants are provided.
- The club involves active participation of students from all departments.